The name of our company is Gulf Coast Aluminum, as you know, because it is at the top of this web page. We build, and do work on patio structures, screen enclosures, carports, and pergolas. Many of them are quite different, but here’s the 1 thing, they all have in common: concrete. A concrete foundation. Something solid enough to hold them to the ground under hurricane force winds.
Many ‘aluminum’ companies however don’t offer concrete or foundation work. There’s many reasons behind this but it pretty much all boils down to this:
- Foundation work is extremely difficult, and labor intensive.
- Foundation work is usually resource intensive (concrete pump, machinery, dump truck).
- You never quite know what you will run into underground. Utilities, irrigation rocks.
- You are at the mercy of weather.
- The permitting requirements are rigorous. Pre-surveys, and post surveys.
- The work has a high fixed cost (our rate for any concrete work starts at $3000). The concrete truck has a minimum rate and load size. Our equipment cannot go to 2 jobs sites in the same day. Etc
On the other-hand, we do offer concrete & foundation work in-house for our new structures. From shovel in the ground, to last screw in the roof we do patio’s and screen enclosures from start to finish. Here’s what this means for you:
- You do not need to find 2 contractors, one for the structure, the other for the foundation.
- You do not need to coordinate between them to ensure that the foundation is suitable to shape and size of the structure.
- No need to manage to separate contractors. The whole thing is managed by our project manager.
- No finger pointing when the type of foundation, or materials used interferes with the structure.
- No need to worry about proper permitting. (many concrete contractors will not get permit the permit, or forget to close the permit).
Lets get into what we offer for concrete & foundations!
We do foundation work for structures that we build new. If we are not building a structure, we do not offer any foundation work. In other-words, if we are building a 12 x 24 screen room, we will do the foundation for it. If we are building a 20 x 40 screen enclosure extension with pavers, we will do the foundation (footing) and pavers. Now if you just need a concrete walkway, poured around the side of your house, and nothing else that is something we would not offer. Just the same, if you wanted a paver patio (only pavers, no screen) that is something we would not offer. You would be best suited with finding a specific concrete or paver contractor respectively.