WHEN IS IT TIME TO RE-SCREEN?
In the South Florida sun, the lowest grade of screen, commonly ordered by developers and general contractors only lasts 3-5 years. The mid-grade Phifer 18/14 screen has a life expectancy of 7-9 years. Once your screen reaches this age and has a few tears, more are sure to follow. Panels can be replaced individually as needed, but you get more screen for each dollar with a full re-screen, so the individual piece rate can quickly exceed the cost of a full re-screen.
SCREEN MESH CHOICE FOR RE-SCREENING
Our Standard screen is American made Phifer 18/14 screen, but we offer a few more…
- Offers good air ventilation.
- Will not rust, corrode or stain.
- Significantly stronger than builders grade.
- Tear & puncture resistant.
- Stability from UV damage.
- Excellent for large openings requiring extra strength.
- Excellent protection from small insects.
- 7-9 Year Lifespan
- Significantly stronger than builders grade mesh.
‘ Cost Savings Tips ’
The price of full screw & tapcon replacement goes down by approx 30%-40% when paired with a re-screen. If your screws are rusty and corroded, the most economical time to replace them with Blue-tap fasteners is at the same time as the re-screen.